Value and use of the data are listed below:
1. Facilitate research advancement in the assessment of hygrothermal performance of mass timber products and the development of models (i.e., hygrothermal models, service life prediction models, etc.) that account for different factors (at the scale of the building, structural system and materials) affecting variability of moisture data.
2. Educate mass timber industry and the AEC (architecture, engineering and construction) industry on the moisture behavior of CLT structural elements exposed to precipitations for a prolonged time during construction.
3. Support development of refined moisture management practices of mass timber buildings.
4. Support development of future hygrothermal monitoring projects of mass timber buildings.
5. Provide a basis for development of models to reference sensor reliability.